Hearing4Kids: Hearing and Balance Medical Service
Hearing4Kids provides a professional and child-friendly private service for young people of all ages. The clinic has two locations, in London at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, and at One Hatfield Hospital, Hertfordshire.
Any hearing or balance concerns will be dealt with in specialist assessments with Dr Sebastian Hendricks.
Sebastian is fully trained in hearing and balance problems, known as audiovestibular medicine. Also, he’s experienced in general child health (paediatrics) and ear, nose & throat conditions.
Hearing and Balance Services
The specialist paediatric audiology and audiovestibular medicine service for children and young people from Hearing4Kids includes:
- Medical advice and complete assessment for all hearing problems.
- Management of long-term problems with hearing and hearing loss.
- Management of “Glue Ear” (Otitis Media with Effusion).
- Complete assessment and medical advice and management of noise sensitivity (hyperacusis and misophonia)
- Complete assessment and medical advice and management of noises in the ears (tinnitus)
- Assessment and management advice of hearing/listening/understanding problems associated with complex disorders
- Second opinion for any of the above.
- Medical advice and assessment for auditory processing difficulties
- General assessment of balance problems.
Your child is central to all assessments and will be listened to, as you will be. Then you’ll receive a management plan that’s tailored to your child’s needs as well as yours. That will provide the right recommendation for further actions.
We can then discuss a suitable appointment, place and time.
About Dr. Sebastian Hendricks
Sebastian trained as a paediatrician in Germany and is a European Specialist in paediatrics. After a year in paediatrics in the UK he underwent a second specialisation in audiovestibular medicine, which he finished in 2004 after having also completed a Masters in the field in 2003.
He lead a North Central London Service for the Royal Free London for 16 years, but alongside it worked also at the Royal National Ear Nose & Throat Hospital (UCLH). Since 2020 he has consolidated his NHS work at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Outside of medicine, his passions are spending time with his 2 daughters and sailing an old wooden Mirror dinghy.
And his Twitter feed, of course.